America's Largest
Veterans Service Organization

myLegion.org Icon
Social Icons



Q. How do I obtain a copy of my DD 214?

A. To obtain or amend a copy of your military service record and/or your Official Military Personnel File (DD-214, OMPFs), please visit the website for the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)  which is part of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). If you have been discharged from military service, your personnel files are stored at NARA, the official repository for records of military personnel who have been discharged from the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard.
To get to the NPRC Web site, you will need to go to; http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

This site gives instructions to submit a SF 180 - Request Pertaining to Military Records. It also has links for:
Personnel Files (OMPFs)
Request Service Records or Proof of Military Service
Locations of Military Service Records
Medical and Health Records
Correcting Service Records and Discharges
Replacement Medals and Awards
Military Service Records at the National Personnel Records Center's Archival Research Room

NARA has an online document request service called eVetRecs which allows you to Request Copies of Military Personnel Records online. This system provides a customized order form to request information from your, or your relative's, military personnel records. To utilize this system, you will need to leave the VA website and go to: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html

Questions about your military records may also be sent to:
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Q. How do I replace lost ribbons and medals

A. Go to one of the following web site, there you can order a replacement based on the information contained on your DD214




  Next Page >>